Charter Trust offers personal tax planning, consulting, and preparation services to our clients. Our experienced in-house tax team offers a unique combination of accounting skill, tax planning, and business knowledge to help clients achieve their financial goals. The tax team is available to assist when questions arise and provides researched answers.
As your tax advisors, our team can help maximize tax savings and minimize risk. We take the time to get to know you and understand your financial situation. With that deep understanding, we can advise you on the best overall tax strategy for you and your family.
Our tax team includes in-house tax professionals and specialized outside consultants. They are available to meet with you personally and discuss your tax needs. Our multi-disciplinary approach ensures that each client’s unique tax needs are addressed by a team of professionals. We understand the Federal tax laws and New Hampshire’s Trust Code, as well as the relationship between them. With that knowledge, we are able to manage your tax liabilities and create a plan that exceeds your goals.
Listed below are some of the services we offer:
- Retirement tax planning
- Income tax planning and compliance
- Estate tax planning
- Analysis of the tax consequences of specific transactions, including recommendations and alternatives to achieve the best after-tax results
The Charter Trust tax team prepares, or assists in the preparation of, the following Federal and State Forms:
- Form 1041 U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates & Trusts
- Form 709 U.S. Gift (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return
- Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax
- Form 990-PF Return of Private Foundation
- Form 5227 Split-Interest Trust Information Return
- Form 5498 IRA Contribution Information
- Form 1099 Combined Year End 1099 Statements
- NH DP-10 Interest and Dividends Tax Return
- NH Charitable Annual Report Certificate – for NH charitable entities
Charter Trust’s in-house tax team offers timely reporting to clients so that their tax deadlines are met. For agency, custody, and investment management accounts, our 1099 Forms arrive timely and show your income summary, your income details, and 1040 line references. For trust accounts, our Schedule K-1 reports show tax line cross referencing, municipal interest breakdowns, and State reporting details. In addition, Charter Trust employees are available to assist when questions arise.